Resources for Parents of Gifted
Talented and Children
- Amby's Gifted Resources - Provides a list of well annotated web sites related to gifted
- Bruce User's Gifted Resources - One of first and largest collections of gifted
- GT World - An online support community
for parents of gifted children, including a website, several discussion
lists and a MOO.
- Helen Dowland's Helping Gifted
Children - A range of resources compiled by the
Australian Mensa Gifted Children's Coordinator.
- Hoagies - A labor of
love that is a wonderful resource for gifted kids, and their parents and
teachers. Includes the latest research on parenting and education
Software Reviews - Check what others have said about the software
- Aunty Math - Weekly maths challenge aimed at K-5 from
DuPage Children's Museum
- Boston Children's Museum - An interactive museum.
- Bubble Dome - An interactive children's
story website that aims to develop imagination and lateral
- BrainPop - Selection
of animated movies on health, sceince and technology themes.
- Capital Children's Museum, Washington DC
- An interactive museum.
- Chicago Children's Museum - An interactive museum.
- Cool puzzles - A site
with simple to very hard lateral type puzzles.
- Cyberchase - A high
production value site with many maths games.
- DiscoverySchool - Learning and homework
help oriented site for K-12 students and their
- Eureka Children's Museum, Halifax UK - An interactive museum.
- Kids.net.au - Very
large annotated directory/search engine of web sites of interest to
- KidsClick - Good portal to info on a wide
range of subjects, apparently vetted by librarians.
Kids - Provides a range of interesting
activities and links to great places for kids.
- HomeworkUK - Despite the name it contains
some interesting info and worksheets.
- The Mummy Maker - BBC game about mummy making in
- Miss Maggie's Earth
Adventures - Attractive free Flash animated site
for learners (and teachers).
- Puzz - Lateral
thinking and logic puzzles.
Knights and Heraldry - Offers free software to
allow children to make their own shields/coat of arms.
- The Space Place - NASA's site for kids
interested in space-related activities and science.
- Trinity College's site collection -
Puzzles, teasers and related sites maintained by college
- Try Science -
Educational science site with a range of games and
Body - An informative animated site on the
various bodily functions (except reproductive ones).
- Anchors Away Longitude Mapping
Game - Web based learning game.
- Artist's Toolkit -
Explore visual elements with interacitve demos and a create your own
- Brian Barratt's English site - Explores the history and usage of English in an eclectic,
- ExploreScience -
Great interactive learning experiences with Shockwave multimedia
- EdNA's Curriculum Resources - Authoritative evaluated resources from Australia's
- Geometry from the Land of the
Incas - Great Flash enabled site on Euclidean
- Hoagies Investigations - Reference libraries and individual links for all your school
Teens - Provides a range of interesting
activities and links to great places for teenagers.
- Illuminations - US mathematics mega site.
- Lateral puzzles - A
large and free collection of puzzles with interactive chat problem
- The Mint - An
integrated US web-site covering personal finance and economic themes
designed for middle and high school students, their teachers and
- MIT Open Courseware -
Massachusetts Institute of Technology course material progressively put
online for public use
- Moneyopolis - US site
using a game format for junior high maths in a personal finance setting
"the place for money-sharp kids" - authored by Ernst and
- Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews - Free
academic ezine that reviews major new philosophical books
- OzSkyWatch - A site
to inspire and help Australians to learn about the night
- Physics Classroom -
Attractive online tutorials on several physics topics.
- RDN's Virtual Training Suite - Easy, free
and excellent tutorials for senior students wanting to master internet
resources in their chosen professional field or interest
- Robocode - Site allows you to program your own virtual
robotank using Java with virtual competitions or rumbles between the
- The Science Site -
Fortnightly science ezine with Pacific/New Zealand focus
- TeleMentors - a site
linking students with a particular interest electronically to volunteers
working in the fields
- Trinity College's site collection -
Puzzles, teasers and related sites maintained by college librarian