Call for Manuscripts: Two Special Issues of the Australasian Journal of Gifted Education
- A special issue devoted to research from attendees of the 2016 AAEGT National Gifted Conference. All conference attendees (and those who have had their abstracts accepted) are invited to submit manuscripts of their research in any area of giftedness or gifted education via email to the journal editor (email@example.com). Manuscript submissions are expected to be approximately 5,000 to 7,000 words in length, and the deadline for submissions is 1 February 2017.
- A special issue devoted to Gagné’s Differentiated Model of Giftedness and Talent (DMGT). Gagné’s DMGT is generally referenced or used foundationally in nearly every policy and significant gifted education document in Australasia. Nevertheless, in recent years, questions have been raised about its relevance and appropriateness, and whether other models may be a better fit with the Australasian ethos and practice in gifted education. Contributors are asked to submit research-informed critiques on Gagné’s DMGT from different perspectives in gifted education (e.g., curriculum, pedagogy, twice exceptionality, rural, urban, multicultural, Indigenous, career development, diversity, underserved populations etc.) which may consider some or all of the following issues:
- The elements needed in an Australasian model of giftedness/talent from the chosen perspective in gifted education
- An assessment of the strengths/weaknesses of the DMGT (and its variations) from the chosen perspective in gifted education
- An assessment of the strengths/weaknesses of alternative models of giftedness/talent from the chosen perspective in gifted education
- Recommendations for research and practice.
Professor Françoys Gagné has agreed to make a commentary on the published critiques. Please submit your manuscripts of at least 4,000 words via email to the journal editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 February 2017.
All manuscript submissions will undergo the standard peer review process. Please follow the manuscript submission guidelines on the following webpage: http://www.aaegt.net.au/?page_id=736