Looking for an Association near you?
You will find a list of all the associations affiliated with AAEGT by clicking here
General Resources for Parents
- Amby’s Gifted Resources – Provides a list of well annotated web sites related to gifted children.
- GT World – An online support community for parents of gifted children, including a website, several discussion lists and a MOO.
- Hoagies – A labor of love that is a wonderf ul resource for gifted kids, and their parents and teachers. Includes the latest research on parenting and education practices.
- Hoagies Software Reviews – Check what others have said about the software out there.
- Nurturing Gifted Children Parenting tips on helping and nurturing gifted children.
- SENG - Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted Offering webinars, support and conferences for parents in supporting the needs of the gifted
- Boston Children’s Museum – An interactive museum.
- Bubble Dome – An interactive children’s story website that aims to develop imagination and lateral thinking.
- BrainPop – Selection of animated movies on health, sceince and technology themes.
- Capital Children’s Museum, Washington DC – An interactive museum.
- Cool puzzles – A site with simple to very hard lateral type puzzles.
- Cyberchase – A high production value site with many maths games.
- Eureka Children’s Museum, Halifax UK – An interactive museum.
- Kids.net.au – Very large annotated directory/search engine of web sites of interest to kids.
- KidsClick – Good portal to info on a wide range of subjects, apparently vetted by librarians.
- The Mummy Maker – BBC game about mummy making in ancient Egypt
- Miss Maggie’s Earth Adventures – Attractive free Flash animated site for learners (and teachers).
- Puzz – Lateral thinking and logic puzzles.
- Shields, Knights and Heraldry – Offers free software to allow children to make their own shields/coat of arms.
- The Space Place – NASA’s site for kids interested in space-related activities and science.
- Try Science – Educational science site with a range of games and experiments.
- Discovery Kids Discover space, explore a volcano, get up close with a shark. Games and videos to explore the world around us.
- Khan Academy Free education courses and videos on just about everything.
- Artist’s Toolkit – Explore visual elements with interacitve demos and a create your own tool.
- ExploreScience – Great interactive learning experiences with Shockwave m ultimedia activities.
- Geometry from the Land of the Incas – Great Flash enabled site on Euclidean geometry.
- Hoagies Investigations – Reference libraries and individual links for all your school subjects.
- Illuminations – US mathematics mega site.
- Lateral puzzles – A large and free collection of puzzles with interactive chat problem solving.
- The Mint – An integrated US web-site covering personal finance and economic themes designed for middle and high school students, their teachers and parents.
- MIT Open Courseware – Massachusetts Institute of Technology course material progressively put online for public use
- Moneyopolis – US site using a game format for junior high maths in a personal finance setting “the place for money-sharp kids” – authored by Ernst and Young
- Physics Classroom – Attractive online tutorials on several physics topics.
- The Science Site – Fortnightly science ezine with Pacific/New Zealand focus
- TeleMentors – a site linking students with a partic ular interest electronically to volunteers working in the fields
- Virtual Training Suite Easy, free and excellent tutorials for senior students wanting to master internet resources in their chosen professional field or interest area